This is my first cooking of mixing so many different spices and it turns out very delicious!
I'm so excited that I can share this with you guys!!
- 300 gram of beef (preferably chuck meat)
- 500 ml of coconut milk
- 600 ml of water
- 3 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 3 spring onion
- 3 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 lime
- 4 kaffir lime leaf
- 2 lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon of fried shallot
- 1 teaspoon of coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 8 candlenut
- 3 red chilli
- 10 cloves of shallot
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 teaspoon of galangga
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cloves
- 1 pan-fried potato
- 2 or 3 boiled eggs
1. Put the meat inside the boiling water in low heat
2. Put all the blended spices in the food processor. Heat the oil in a pan and stir-fry the blended spices until you can smell the fragrant.
3. Pour the mixed spices into the soup.
4. Don't forget to put in bay leaf, cinnamon stick, nutmeg, kaffir lime and lemon grass.
5. After boiling in low heat for an hour, start pouring coconut milk and wait for another 2 hours.
6. Prepare the additional ingredients on the bowl. When the beef is tender, you can take it out and start cutting it into small cubes or pieces.
7. Also, cut the tomatoes to put inside the bowl.
8. Pour in the beef coconut soup into the bowl.
9. You can start to sprinkle some spring onion ad fried shallots on it. Lime juice and sweet soy sauce are optional.